So my time at Venice Film Festival came to an end. It’s a super nice venue, I really liked it. And to whom it may concern, I have some highlights movies I have watched in this 76. Venice Film Festival:
– La Llorona, Jayro Bustamante
– Hava, Miryam, Ayesha, Sahraa Karimi
– Babyteeth, Shannon Murphy
– This is not a burial, it’s a resurrection, Jeremiah Lemohang Mosese
– La muerte de un burocráta, Tomás Gutiérrez Alea
And here it’s the rest of the list with the other movies, with my personal avaluation from 1* (bad) to 5* (good).
– Revenir, Jessica Palud (***)
– Burning Cane, Philip Youmans (****)
– Mes Jours de Gloire, Antoine de Bary (***)
– Atlantis,Valentyn Vasyanovych (***)
– The Painted Bird, Václav Marhoul (**) _ I needed to leave in the middle, too much for me.
– Ensayo de un crime, Luis Buñuel (****)
– Wasp Network, Olivier Assayas (***)
– Babenco – Alguém tem que ouvir o coração e dizer: parou, Bárbara Paz (****) _just won the Bisato D’Oro, the best documentary.
– Moffie, Oliver Hermanus (***)
– Qiqiu, Pema Tseden (****)
– Mosul, Matthew Michael Carnahan. (****)
– Eletric Swan, Konstantina Kotzamani (****)
– Out of the Blue, Dennis Hopper (***)
That is list of the films I watched during the festival, which ends today. Unfourtunetely, I haven’t been able to see the shorts selection and many others. But I left with a feeling of wanting more. Who knows I come next year…